Resolution of your Workers Compensation Claim

Resolution of your Claim

After you have reached permanent and stationary status and the medical reports have been completed a settlement may be offered regarding your claim. There are two different ways to resolve the claim.

  1. The first, is called “stipulations with request for award”. This provides for payment of your disability and entitles you to medical care for your job-related injury, as long as it is required. It also provides the right to re-open your claim within five (5) years from the date of injury.
  2. The second type of settlement is called a “compromise and release”. This type of settlement ends the claim completely and provides for a lump sum payment for permanent disability and estimated medical care.

Regardless of the type of settlement that may be offered in your claim, the potential settlement must be reviewed by a WC judge to determine if the settlement is adequate.