Filing A Claim in Golden State

If you are injured on the job, your employer must give you a claim form within one working day after you report your injury or illness. Use this form to begin the workers’ compensation process. If your employer does not provide you with a form, you can obtain one from Golden State Workers’ Compensation, please call our attorneys at (510) 684-7815 to do so.

Once you have obtained the form, complete and sign the “employee” part of the form. When filling out the form, describe your injury completely by ensuring to include every single body part that you believe was injured. After completion of the form, return the form to your employer. Do this as soon as possible to avoid complicating your claim.

Your employer must complete their portion of the form and give the completed form to the insurance administrator. The insurance administrator must then decide whether to accept, deny, or delay your claim. An investigation may ensue during this time. If you are confused or have questions regarding this process please contact one of our attorneys for a free consultation.

Even if you have already applied for workers’ compensation benefits the attorneys at GWSC are still able to assist you in the pursuit of your claim. Even if the insurance company has denied your claim the attorneys at Golden State Workers’ Compensation may be able to overturn the denial.

The attorneys at Golden State Workers’ Compensation can also assist in obtaining medical benefits that have been denied. Please note that there are various time limitations on these benefits, so the sooner you consult with an attorney at Golden State Workers Compensation the better.

Your employer is prohibited by law from firing you or punishing you because of a job injury, or for filing a workers’ compensation claim for a job-related injury. The California labor code prohibits this type of discrimination. If you feel you have been threatened or discriminated against because of a claim please contact one of our attorneys.